25 August 2012

Fish and Cake?!

The best things come in twos:
Garlic and bread.
Peanut and butter.
Kate and Hayley.

There are two things I do really love though and that's fish and cake.  Put the two together and there is my perfect dish.

I thought I'd give this easy recipe from BBC GoodFood a go one evening after work (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1898643/salmon-and-broccoli-cakes-with-watercress-avocado-).  I had some leftover bits in the kitchen (the best ingredients for a spontaneous and surprisingly good meal) and typed them into the search bar and got the fish cake.

Broccoli is one of my favourite vegetables.  I could eat a whole plate of them on its own (as long as its not soggy) - I won't have anyone say a bad word about my beloved broccoli.


Don't forget to season your pre-mashed cakes. 

Post-mashed.
Fry them until golden brown on each side. Make sure the pan is hot before frying.
Serve with salad.
I think next time I will add a few more spices to the dish, maybe try mixing in the mustard with the mash instead.  A very simple and easy dish to make - and a lot quicker to make than you think.  It's basically just a boil and fry method.  

No comments:

Post a Comment