27 December 2015

Review: Oliver's Fish and Chips, Belsize Park

I love fish, I love potatoes and I love mushy peas.

We came to Oliver's mainly for my GFF (Gluten Free Friend) as they have a separate fryer for this option, plus every week they change their oil so we decided to visit on this particular day.

Even though it is advertised as being in Belsize Park, Chalk Farm station is just a 10 minute walk away and I would make this journey again and again if I could.

The fish is as fresh as you can imagine - all from Billingsgate Market, we went for two haddocks and one plaice.
The plaice was huge - the fish that is. Although there are reasonable seats in the 'restaurant' area
The batter was great too - fresh and not too oily, and unlike others, it doesn't overtake the actual fish itself.

The chips were ok - home-made but not as crisp as I would prefer.

Mushy peas were fantastic though.

I haven't found a traditional (and good) fish and chips place yet in London, but Oliver's is close (so is Poppies) - I would probably come back for the fish though.

 
Fresh, non-oily batter makes all the difference

 Oliver's Fish & Chips Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment