24 February 2013

Croissant anyone?

I made bread the week before, so I thought I was invincible and decided to give making croissants a go.  I used James Martin's recipe but added almond and vanilla extract.  Here's the photo log of what happened and the overall verdict:












The pictures look fairly good...no one can tell that I used the wrong flour and so the croissants were not really light and fluffy as I had hoped...other than that it was quite exciting watching butter and dough merge into a croissant, albeit rather slowly.  This is not for those who are impatient due to the fact you have to repeat the process 4 or 5 times, but I would definitely give this recipe a try again - it was the simplest one I found, but I would probably use less butter.  Oh, and the right flour too...



No comments:

Post a Comment