07 September 2013

Review: Bread St Kitchen

Sunday Roasts.

Enough said.



Another mission of mine whilst living in London is to find the best Sunday Dinner.

So far, The Princess of Shoreditch has given me the best 'special occasion' Sunday dinner, and The Water Poet does a lovely veggie roast (okay, so it's probably the only veggie roast dinner I've had, but as a meat eater I thoroughly enjoyed it so that must speak volumes, right?).

Bread St Kitchen at One New Change by Gordo Ramsay himself was a lovely little place to hang out on a Sunday. The first impression of it doesn't quite give it the justice it deserves, 'ooh yes it's fancy', 'Gordon Ramsay ay?' but once inside it's decked out very casually and quirky (like the hanging wires of the lightbulbs over the open ceiling work and vintage lamps), I think the East-ish side of the location probably had an influence. On Sundays, they have live music which was perfect to relax in with a glass of red and bread.

The atmosphere was relaxed and airy. Families (kids get special offers), the elderly, the young uns. The staff were also very friendly, helpful but not in your face.

Most importantly, I got 2 Yorkshire puddings with my beef roast, Friend had the chicken, and I devoured it all including the bread and even had room for a Rasberry Parfait - which was so light and refreshing.

The food quality is probably worth its price tag - I mean it's not the most expensive meal I've had, but I wouldn't call it on a budget. But overall, I would definitely come again, even try out the bar downstairs. Nice little place to hang out at the weekend - it's not full of City workers for one thing, so you're certain to get a seat.

4 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment