28 August 2015

Review: Pearl Liang, Sheldon Square, Paddington

At last! I've found a place that does great dim sum in central-ish of London!

Barbecued pork in puff pastry - good meat
My favourite place to have proper authentic dim sum is still The Lotus - the floating restaurant in Canary Wharf. But Pearl Liang is up there for a more sophisticated style of dim sum.

I came here for lunch and it was the best lunch I'd had...ever - since working in Paddington. Paddington is growing into a more modern area outside of its train station to cater for the ever-growing offices and even though Pearl Liang has been around for a while, I've never thought to pop in for lunch until my cousin suggested it.

One of my favourites - fried turnip cake/pancakes
As you know, I'm quite snobby when it comes to eating authentic Chinese food, but the food we had was exceptionally good. We were both very impressed. The food was good quality and you can tell they use fresh ingredients and everything is cooked fresh too. The service was very quick, although we were stood by the waiting area for a while before anyone formally acknowledged us.

Of course - steamed buns are a must, or 'bao'
I'd like to compare the lunch service to dinner though, and compare the prices to full main dishes, as it looked fairly pricey from the menu, whereas we spent £30 for seven dim sum plates which is pretty cheap considering. I might even think about taking my parents here if they were to visit - now that is high praise.

RATING: 4 out of 5
A new one - wasabi and prawn dumpling

Sui Mai - with lots of meat

As an added extra - we had to get the egg tarts. So fresh and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment