19 September 2015

School of Wok strikes again

Jeremy Pang has been running his School of Wok of cookery goodness for a number of years and now, naturally, comes his own range of noodle kits.

Three new 15 minute noodle kits are now available in Tesco stores - includes Singapore Noodles, Chow Mein and Pad Thai. 

I'm sceptical of ready made meals generally, especially when it comes to noodles as they're not renowned for its healthy benefits. However, I was pleasantly excited when Jeremy Pang's range arrived through the post. Mainly because it's all about authenticity and good food, what you get in the pack is noodles, seasoning and sauce, you still have to do some work (the cooking), but you can see all your ingredients and that's what makes me feel at ease.

Here's how it happened:
I went for the Pad Thai, as I usually order this but never cook it at home - not as difficult as you might think.
This is what is in the box - all labelled and numbered so you know what goes in the wok in which order.
The instructions are very clear to understand and even comes in this magic 'clock' showing you what needs to be prepped and in the wok. Remember, when wokking out, everything goes in fairly quickly, so it's handy to have everything ready before you heat the wok.
Some real spices to add flavour which is quite refreshing to see in a kit.
And in goes my food. I added broccoli to my dish as I'm not a big fan of beansprouts. Looks pretty good already...

And dinner is served!

It was a really lovely, quick dinner. Although, the 15 minutes doesn't include bringing the noodles to the boil, which is a little bit cheeky, but I'll let it pass, as it was very simple, easy and delicious to have as my dinner during a tiring mid-week slog.

Definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment