18 November 2012

Ginger and bread make biscuits?!

All you need to make 15-20 biscuits:

  • 350g plain flour
  • half teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger (or if like me you love a bit of the ginger flavour, add some ginger extract too)
  • 125g butter
  • 175g light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tablespoon of golden syrup
  • cutters - I went for butterfly and teddy bear ones...just to be different



Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. 
Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger into a bowl (or if you have one, into the food processor bowl).  Add the butter until mixed, than add in the sugar.
Lightly beat the egg and syrup together, then add to the rest of the mixture until it makes a dough.  Leave to chill in the fridge for around 20 minutes.
Lightly flour the surface (and the rolling pin) and roll out the dough to half a cm thick, cut out.
Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes.
Leave to cool.  




I must admit they tasted good but I made the mistake of not setting a timer...I was a bit too cocky and thought I could handle it...turns out I was wrong and ended over-doing the second batch which were the butterfly shapes, and probably only needed 12minutes really...Schoolboy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment