04 March 2015

Review: Chotto Matte

Dessert selection from Chotto Matte
A Japanese, Asian fusion (it's all the rage these days) in Soho, it gets quite busy on the evening, and looks quite 'upmarket' - well we did spot Iwan Thomas and friends leaving the place anyway.

I had pretty high hopes for this place, as a friend of mine had visited this place twice already and it's one of her favourites. I'm not sure if my visit was quite as the same standard, the service was quite muddled, often hectic, but again I'm not sure if it was because we were sat by the kitchen.

Foodwise, it was pretty good. I had the flaming sushi (which they flame at your table) and the pork belly. It was pretty pricey but I did eat a whole pork belly to myself and felt utterly stuffed. It was delicious though.

I had to try the dessert - a selection of pieces - my favourite had to be the mochi ice cream.

All in all, it was great food. Service was quite hectic on a Friday night - I think we were served by at least five different waiters, and just a word of warning, I wouldn't recommend this place if you are gluten-free, even when they say they will accommodate your allergies, not every waiter will have received the message.

Oh, and fantastic cocktails!

RATING: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment