04 March 2015

Sunday Roast

I've never cooked a roast dinner with all the trimmings from scratch before.

In fact, I never had a roast dinner until I went to university.
I then lovingly poured my gravy over the top, careful not to soak the Yorkshires

But I was hooked; it's the novelty of it I think, it's so British and I never knew how technical it can be. So I tried it and must say, it was really exciting, stressful, satisfying and wonderful all at once!

The timing's can be a bit of a bummer, so I wrote some pointers down...

  • we used chicken legs because let's face it, I don't really need a whole chicken for two people = 45min
  • roast potatoes (2 large parboiled potatoes with a small dollop of goose fat) = 40-45min. Same goes for the parsnips
  • Stuffing (okay this was the ready to make stuff) and Yorkshire Puddings (very important) = 25min. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
And Bob's your uncle! Roast dinner for two. Easy peasy. 

These turned out great. The trick is not to open the oven door, no matter how tempting it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment