14 August 2016

Review: Pho & Bun brunch

I was treated to a birthday brunch at Pho & Bun which included a drink and 3 courses set menu. This is by the same guys who own Viet Eat in Holborn. As you may have guessed - pho and bun is a must here but there are also some brilliant plates not to be missed. 

Situated along Shaftesbury Avenue, you might have walked past the many Asian fusion places along here and never noticed, but please do stop by next time you're around. I would say this was more of a cafe than a restaurant, but I can see myself hanging out here on an evening with good food and good drinks. 
Summer Roll with Tiger Prawn. The peanut sauce was total heaven. 
Chilli Salt & Pepper Squid was delicious. The Spare Ribs alone could have been a dish in itself. So meaty and really good portions for a set menu - these *almost* filled me up! But so tasty.
The Tender Beef Pho as rated by my Diner Friend who is the pho expert said it was good, but the broth is not quite right. I mean obviously, to the unknowing (me) I thought it was ok but was slightly on the blander side, but was a decent portion and good meat. 
The Rare Beef Steamed Bun Burger. Good bun - not too soggy or sticky and fluffy against the good meat. 
Flan Caramel with Vietnamese Iced Coffee. This was the only thing I wasn't too keen on. The desserts on the set menu consisted of coffee or coconut - two things I'm not a major fan of,  but I went for this one as it was a best of a bad bunch. It was ok but the texture of the dessert is not my cup of tea.
We saw many lone rangers dining here, getting their pho fix - mix of Westerners and Asians so that's a pretty good sign already. A very tiny place with small tables, but has a more 'upmarket' feel somehow. However, I would say perhaps some of the tables are a bit too close (or some people just don't know how to sit properly on a chair) as the guy behind me at first decided to leave his rucksack on while sitting down - which hit me. And then he decided to sit really awkwardly so that his back kept hitting into my back - apart from that though, the cafe itself is very comfortable. Would definitely come back here.

Pho & Bun Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Review: Pho & Bun brunch" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete