17 October 2012

Review: An outdoor (sort-of) picnic


I was originally saving these special utensils for an intended rooftop terrace party...however due to unforeseen circumstances (well they were foreseen, just stubbornly refused to believe it - the weather) it never happened.  So I finally got my arse in gear and used it for vegetarian month.  

I was kindly sent some gingham style patterned plastic plates from Whitbread Wilkinson along with the salad bowl from Joseph Joseph, which brings a smile to your face - and that's without the food.

The main feature I have to say is the salad bowl.  Not just any salad bowl - one with servers, ATTACHED.  Sounds simple, but so effective and practical.  I'm not usually a big fan of fancy 'technology' - sometimes it can get more complicated than it needs to be, or it's just plain lazy, but the Joseph Joseph salad bowl is probably one of the best kitchen gadgets (can you even call it a gadget - I think it's just a necessity) you can use.  The servers slot perfectly to fit in with the bowl so there is no hassle, and mixing up my salad was so much fun, and not awkward to hold as sometimes it can get with standard long servers.  I felt as though my salad was truly mixed and varied.  The main test was picking the salad and onto the plate - not one drop of a leaf.  It well and truly passed the test.  The only thing I will say is that at around £30 - it is a tad pricey for what essentially is a salad bowl, but you can see where the quality is in its design and material.  It can also at times be quite heavy to carry - but I guess that is just one of the features of having an outdoor tool.  



Joseph Joseph outdoor salad bowl - served and won the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment