23 October 2012

The Vegetarian Monologues

#3

Vegetarian month has driven me to eat cheese.

As crazy as this sounds, I never liked cheese - unless it was melted.  Until now.  I was in Brussels the other weekend and the nice elderly man at the cafe helped me choose something vegetarian for lunch - three cheeses.  In my excitement, I forgot to ask him that I wanted a panini and not a baguette (terribly Belgian).  I ate it anyway as I'm not a waster of food, and found myself liking it.  A lot.  So much so that I've now been having cheese and tomato salad sandwiches for lunch.  I'm no hardcore cheese fan yet, but the mild ones are my favourites, mozzarella is a good one, and goat's cheese...oh and the soft cheese is good for cooking in pasta with too...




This week has been a busy one, so busy in fact that there was no time to cook in The Little Kitchen.  Yes, even I have to admit defeat sometimes and go for some fast food...to Burger King.  To my surprise Burger King had a pretty good vegetarian menu - three options of beans - I went for the bean wrap and it was pretty delicious.  Although I'm not sure whether it was because I was hungry, I had just come back from Wembley Stadium - where they don't have a vegetarian menu whatsoever, so where ever I went would be a pretty good choice.

As I'm on a roll with (confessing to) trying new things, I have never been to Garfunkel's...and now I know; I wasn't missing out on much.  I had a veggie burger and not that there was anything wrong with it, I ate it all the same but the bread felt like cardboard, it was all a bit none-quality.  Safe to say, I won't ever be going back there again.

I must also add that during Vegetarian Month I have been taking my iron supplements.  Remember kids - stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment