14 June 2015

Review: GOAT, Chelsea


We decided to hang out in Chelsea for the evening, as we never venture that way and I thought it would be fun to act like one of the Made in Chelsea lot. Coincidentally, as I was explaining what Made in Chelsea was to my friend, we bumped into Spencer and Lauren from the show...their taxi they were getting into almost ran us over. It was a good day.

We'd been to Goat before to the 'secret' (it's not really that secretive) 'basement' (you go up some stairs and down again through some locked doors...so I don't think it's really a basement) called The Chelsea Prayer Room. I would definitely recommend the cocktail bar, quirky menus in classic novels and the cheeseboard is delicious - this coming from someone who isn't a massive fan of cheese.

We decided to enjoy the sunshine this time and had a lovely Friday meal...

The sea bass and broccoli with almonds. 
The gluten-free chicken. Portion size was a bit on the small side. 
Nearly every diner had ordered a pizza so I decided to go for the rocket, goat's cheese pizza. It didn't disappoint, I wolfed it down within minutes. Base was perfect.
Some limoncello from Capri to round the dinner off. Why not?
All in all, it was a lovely evening, the staff were very accommodating when we decided that sitting by the open windows were not so ideal when people outside were smoking. They were also very helpful in terms of what was gluten-free and what wasn't. My pizza I had was very high standard, it's not hard to see why every table had at least one pizza ordered. I would say it was on the pricier side, I ended up accidentally spending £45 (although that included a glass of wine, prosecco to share and the limoncello). It has a very friendly atmosphere and I would probably come here again if I ever fancy somewhere that's not East.

RATING: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment