14 July 2012

A Wild Trail of popcorn snacks

The recent new invention of popcorn cereal from Wild Trail (http://www.wildtrail.co.uk/) were recently given a go by Hayley, a popcorn lover in every sense.  Wild Trail first discovered this original snack when 'Gordon' carried out an experiment with the "annoying bits left at the bottom of popcorn cartons" (we all know what they mean).  Popcorn is often known as a more healthy snack than the usual stuff, so I thought this would be an ideal treat for anyone cutting out the junk.

I must admit when I first saw the bars, I wasn't all that convinced that they looked that appealing.  I think it's one of those you'd either love it or hate it moments.  They look like they would be quite sweet, which they are with the yoghurt coating.  The packaging is what sold it to me, it's an important aspect if they are to stand out from the rest of the snack bars on the supermarket shelf.  The fact that popcorn is involved brings the fun factor, let's be honest, nobody ever really wants to eat a cereal bar given the choice, however everyone loves a bit of popcorn, especially when it's associated with a trip to the cinema.    



On trying the bars, it was a strange taste.  You don't really taste or feel the popcorn until afterwards which gives it a different texture.  I'm not sure whether the bars I had were so full of yoghurt it overpowered everything else, but the fruit and yoghurt is quite sweet.  Having said that, and once I had given it a good go, I began to enjoy the bars for what they are.  It's enjoyable, a good snack, nutritional (the website includes nutritional information) and fun - the popcorn element is interesting.  I quite like that the bars are chewy, and one bar feels substantial enough to ease the hunger for a good few hours.  This snack is certainly a 'grower' and I would recommend it giving a few goes before making a decision on them, as you'd be surprised how attached you can get to popcorn snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment