01 July 2012

Powerbar Vanilla & Coconut

Here's what they say: "You should always eat 30-45 minutes before training as working on an empty stomach will negatively affect performance. Try a Protein plus Power bar, developed according to the needs of world class athletes to be a great-tasting and excellent source of protein. Made up of a scientifically proven ratio of protein and carbohydrate to replenish spent glycogen stores and aid muscle growth."

What did I think?

Vanilla & Coconut Flavour

I was looking forward to trying this bar as an alternative to the dust flavoured protein shakes I've tried in the past. Although the vanilla and coconut (and white chocolate) flavouring of the bar came through there was still an aftertaste of what the powder tastes likes...but it's not supposed to be a treat.


I'd just had a big bottle of water to hydrate for my run but this made me very thirsty, I would advise that you follow the PowerBar advice and eat this around half an hour before training.


PowerBar Protein Plus is priced at £1.85 per 55g bar available from www.powerbar.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment